CGI looking Associate Systems Engineer in Chennai
Experience Needed: Freshers
Responsible for the primary administration of all complex server farms. Provide highest level of technical advice on Server Delivery and management.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for providing day to day TECHNICAL SERVICE DESK – TECHNICAL SUPPORT; CUSTOMER SERVICE support for multiple customers by exercising proven Operating System and infrastructure experience in the enterprise space applying process; procedures; Standards; guidelines and best practices.
• Accountable for Service Delivery as per SLA’s /OLA’s of various projects in Remote infrastructure Management
• Manage day to day operations of the services rendered based on ITIL framework
• Act as a SPOC for clients for all aspects of service Delivery
• Responsible for ensuring negotiation; agreement; and maintenance of SLA’s / OLA’s
• Supporting BAU for various clients
• Maintain system availability as per multiple Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• Produce monthly reporting activity and explain any abnormal system performance
• Assist appropriate teams in all phases of Production implementation
• Make recommendations to improve health of the system where necessary.
• Participate in various projects and work orders as assigned and complete assigned tasks on time.
• Coordinate activities for projects between other teams.
• Provide on-call support as scheduled.
• Coordinate service calls and requests with team members where necessary.
• Respond to incident tickets and provide updates in a timely manner. Escalate where necessary.
• Coordinate and implement change records as a result of trouble tickets.
• Perform 1st level hardware diagnostics and installation of layered products where needed.
• Reduce costs where expedient to do so without impacting service availability.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Primary Skill: TECHNICAL SERVICE DESK – TECHNICAL SUPPORT; CUSTOMER SERVICE
Secondary Skill: Service Delivery
Service Desk Analysts are required to:
• Respond to requests for technical assistance by following prescribed procedures.
• Research reported incidents using available information sources and tools. Diagnose; triage and resolve hardware; software; applications or basic network-related incidents Log all contacts and document all the activities and results accurately and completely within the incident management tool.
• Assign unresolved tickets to the appropriate support team.
• Proactively monitor; follow up and expedite the resolution of assigned and pending tickets.
• Identify and escalate tickets requiring urgent attention and action.
• Stay current with system information; changes and updates.
• Adhere to work schedules; attendance and leave policies.
• Expected to work in a 24/7 environment on rotational shifts
• Comply with CGI and Client’s IS/IT policies; code of conduct and quality standards Participate in the recruitment process for initial member screening
• Excellent speaking and writing skills in English with a neutral accent; correct grammar and syntax
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices; ITIL and ITSMKnowledge of IT applications; systems and networks
• Experience in handling technical support for an international organization
• Problem analysis and solving
• Learning; adaptability and attention to detail
• Ability to type while handling customer contact
• Tolerance to stress; performance driven and continuously improving work experience required: Worked as Service Desk / Helpdesk support technician as Level 1 technicians within his/her team; handling calls in for an international / Global client (preferred North American/ European experience).
Customer Service & Support
Position ID: J0121-0336