NICE Systems looking for QA Engineer
Company: NICE Systems
Experience Needed: 0-3 Years
The Release Management Software Engineer is a key member of the Release Management team at NICE inContact. This position will be responsible for learning our Release Management processes and will create automation to eliminate manual steps and procedures by utilizing our SDLC for developing, testing, and maintaining projects. Having an understanding and ability to manage all change activities from planning to deployment will be critical for success. Key responsibilities include but not limited to, learning fundamental release and change management processes, software design and development, unit testing, code reviews, resolving defects encountered during the QA cycle, supporting the production environment, and assisting other developers in a team environment utilizing agile development processes.
- Properly record and track projects for capitalization.
- Reduce liability to the company by:
a) Ensure new development follows regulatory and best practices
b) Ensure accuracy of data and reporting
c) Ensure security measures are created and maintained with new products which may house private information
- Learn Release Management and Deployment processes to identify manual workflows that can be automated to streamline and create efficiency.
- Work collaboratively across all teams within NICE and their subsidiaries’ offices in Israel, US and Bolivia.
- Create automation for manual processes and enhance and improve software written in one or more of the following languages: C#, ASP.NET, Flex/ActionScript, C++
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Code and test projects.
- Deliver high-quality software on time
- Follow established department procedures, policies, and processes.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of NICE inContact.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job-Related Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
0-3 years experience in software development
0-3 years experience in release or project management
Experience in automation of manual processes and steps
Experience in the following software languages: C#, ASP.NET
Experience with the Microsoft Suite (.NET Framework, Visual Studio)
Excellent communication skills
Excellent problem-solving skills
Working knowledge of unit testing
Working knowledge of user stories or use cases
Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
Experience with SQL, TFS, Jira, ServiceNow, Salesforce.com
Experience developing with SQL Server or equivalent
Experience with Flex/ActionScript, C++